Our half-day private nature tour of Santo Domingo, which takes you the the National Botanical Gardens and Los 3 Ojos National Park, is a great introduction to nature in the Dominican Republic. We begin by showing you the amazing array of plant life that makes up the most biodiverse country in all the Caribbean by visiting our national botanical gardens. Founded in 1976, and one of the largest botanical gardens in the region, this nature preserve is home to a wide variety of bird species, beautiful butterflies,  and hundreds of unique plants only found in the Dominican Republic.  Truly the best way to get to see as much of our vegetation as possible in a short period of time, the gardens are a living tribute to our most important botanist, Dr. Rafael Moscoso, who dedicated his life to documenting the D.R.’s unique flora, much of which has yet to be studied to this day.

We continue our tour and head to one of the biggest limestone cave systems in the area, Los 3 Ojos National Park. Home to several native species of turtles, bats, and fish, most of the caves in the park are partially filled with freshwater, a result of the many underground rivers that lie under Santo Domingo and originate in the rainforest just north of the city. The facilities at the park allow you to easily enter and explore its numerous caves and underwater springs, including a short boat ride into one of the most spectacular caverns in the park, an experience you will surely never forget.

*Birding tours will be totally customized for birdwatching and will differ from the description above

HALF DAY NATURE TOUR (Approximately 4.5 hour tour)

Nature Tour Includes:

– Experienced, English speaking nature guides

-Transportation in comfortable private vehicle from anywhere you choose in Santo Domingo

-Park entrance fees

-Guided visit to National Botanical Gardens

-Guided visit to Los 3 Ojos Caves National Park

-Refreshments and snacks: Water, Juice, Cookies

Private Tour Pricing:

*Kids under 10 yrs old travel free (2 adult minimum)

2 person private tour: USD $90 per person

3 person private tour: USD $75 per person

4 person private tour: USD $70 per person

5 person private tour: USD $65 per person

6 person private tour: USD $60 per person

7 or more person private tour: Contact us

*Tour begins at 8:30 AM (Birding tours will have an earlier start time)

*People of all ages can participate, difficulty level of 1 (easy)

COMPANY POLICIES

Reserving this tour

PLEASE VERIFY TOUR AVAILABILITY BY CONTACTING US FIRST. THEN PROCEED TO PAY 25% OF THE TOTAL BALANCE ONLINE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO SECURE AVAILABILITY. THE REMAINING 75% IS PAID IN CASH AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TOUR (USD, EUR, OR DOP). IF YOU PREFER, YOU CAN PAY THE FULL BALANCE ONLINE AT TIME OF BOOKING FOR A SMALL ADDITIONAL FEE (5%) TO COVER INTERNATIONAL BANKING FEES (Simply let us know and we will send you a custom Pay Pal invoice via e-mail)

Group Size

 

All Private toursContact us