Our Caribbean Alps Tour from Santo Domingo takes us through the highest mountain range in the Dominican Republic and all the Caribbean, also known as the Caribbean Alps. This relaxing ecological retreat takes us through cloud forests, unique rock formations, many beautiful rivers and waterfalls, all of which combine to make the region the islands biggest source of fresh water, spawning countless numbers of rivers and creeks, which then run throughout the whole country.
Package: Explore the Caribbean Alps (Central Mountain Range of the Dominican Republic) *2 guest minimum
Duration of trip: 3 days, 2 nights or customize your itinerary
Visiting: Ebano Verde Cloudforest – Valle Nuevo National Park – Aguas Blancas Waterfall
Itinerary: Day 1: Visit to Aguas Blancas Waterfall, then travel to the town of Constanza- Day 2: Visit Valle Nuevo National Park, stay in Constanza for the night – Day 3: Light hike at Ebano Verde Cloudforest, then travel to Santo Domingo
Package Includes: Fully bilingual, certified ecological and cultural guides*, All meals (Dominican style cuisine), Comfortable transportation*, Comfortable lodging at small hotels, Snacks, Non-Alcoholic Beverages
*Guides are fully trained in first aid response by the Red Cross
Pricing: Pricing begins at USD $650 per person for 2 person groups. The bigger the group, the more economical our per person prices. For larger group pricing, please contact us.*Kids age 10 and under travel free.
Transportation: Packages include transportation to and from Santo Domingo, but other arrangements can be made. Transportation to airports is available for a small fee. See our vehicles
On this tour you will be visiting the following nature preserves:
Valle Nuevo National Park
Our adventure takes us to two of the island´s most precious protected areas: Ebano Verde Scientific Preserve and Valle Nuevo Nation Park. For this trip you will need to pack a jacket, since this is not your typical Caribbean adventure. The region´s history is legendary, and is famous for the disappearance of early colonial explorers, buried treasure, and the occasional sighting of extraterrestrial anomalies. The area is also famous for the large amount of endemic plant and animal life found here, and for being home to one of the tallest waterfalls in all the Antilles, “Salto de Aguas Blancas”.
Ebano Verde Cloudforest
The perfect retreat for experienced nature explorers, and the adventurous newbie, this unforgettable journey is a truly rich spiritual experience, in which one seems to almost become one with nature. The Dominican Republic is pure biological and environmental diversity, the Central Mountains provide a unique opportunity to experience it first hand.
***In these times of the pandemic, we are committed to the best health practices possible in order to guarantee your well being. Beyond our always present philosophy of small private tours which take our clients away from the crowds and off the beaten path, be assured that social distancing from other tour groups will be practiced. Team members will regularly have their temperatures taken and must wear face coverings throughout the duration of your tour. Also, our vehicles are thoroughly sanitized before and after every tour. If needed, tours may be cancelled up to 5 days before your tour date for a full refund of your reservation deposit, or a credit towards a future tour date.
Reserving this tour
PLEASE VERIFY TOUR AVAILABILITY BY CONTACTING US FIRST. THEN PROCEED TO PAY 25% OF THE TOTAL BALANCE VIA PAYPAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO SECURE AVAILABILITY. THE REMAINING 75% IS PAID EITHER AT THE START OF THE TOUR IN CASH (USD, EUR, OR DOP), OR IF YOU PREFER, YOU CAN PAY THE FULL BALANCE ONLINE AT TIME OF BOOKING. (Simply let us know and we will send you a custom Pay Pal invoice via e-mail)